Sunday, February 10, 2013

Ideas Come in the Strangest Places.

I was at the theatre with the family today, watching the Hobbit and totally engrossed in this great movie, when I suddenly saw one of my secondary characters in a deeper, more meaningful way. I saw him angry, hurting, most of all missing someone. And I saw him overlooking someone in his life that he should not be overlooking. It touched me to think of him trying his best to get a glimpse of someone long gone, and ignoring someone whose love he should be returning right now.

Then I wondered, how often do I do this? How often do I latch onto the past, when the present is so filled with lovely people? I regret not telling them often enough how much they mean to me. How about you?

Enjoy life. This is what God has given you -- today.

No comments:

Post a Comment